So, why not lighten things up a bit?
You need to optimize your social media strategy and you need a few numbers to make it happen.We want to make it easy for you to enjoy, remember, and apply what you learn, so here are 30 insane social media facts to light your marketing fire.
Social Media Usage Stats
1. We like to share the love. The average internet user has 7.6 social media accounts.
2. Mature users aged 55-64 are more than twice as likely to interact with branded content than their younger social media consuming counterparts.
3. Followers aren’t the only ones talking. 96 percent of social media users that talk about a brand online, don’t even follow the brand’s profile.
4. Need evidence that we’re a visual species? Today, more than 3.2 billion images will be shared on social media posts.
5. 49 percent of social media users share product information with the hopes of improving the lives of others.
6. We spend a lifetime average of 5 years and 3 months on social media.
1. Facebook will lose 2 million users under the age of 25 this year
2. Think the United States has the highest number of Facebook users? Nope! India beats us out by about 30 million lovers of Facebook. Indonesia and Brazil are in tight competition for a distant third place.
3. 8 billion videos are viewed daily on Facebook.
4. We need to act like mature adults because 5 million Facebook accounts belong to rule-breakers under the age of 10.
5. But, don’t worry. Moms are keeping an eye on them, and they’re also the biggest brand boosters on Facebook, with 58 percent of them following their favourite brands.
6. Humour wins. Men and women are equally likely to share funny videos or articles and news content on Facebook.
1. Who has the highest number of followers on Instagram? Talk about self-love – Instagram itself is the winner with over 233 million followers. Poor Selena Gomez comes in at a distant second.
1. More video is uploaded to YouTube every month than the three major broadcasting networks created over the course of six decades.
3. There goes the lunch hour. The average YouTube session is 40 minutes.
4. YouTube claims ownership of more than half of the time people spend watching video. This includes the entire internet and television.
1. There’s a lot of empty space on Twitter. Although there are 1.3 billion Twitter accounts, only about a quarter of them – 336 million – are active every month.
3. 80 percent of Twitter users access the network from their smartphone.
1. Is Pinterest an effective social platform for conveying the message and value of your brand? Women think so, with 81 percent of them trusting Pinterest as a source of reliable news and information.
2. Consumers that land on your site through Pinterest are 10 times more likely to complete a purchase than visitors that have come through other referrals.
3. They also spend more, with an average spend of $140-$180 compared to those coming from Facebook that spend an average of $60-$80.
– For further enquiries on any of our expertise or services, whether it is for website design & development, mobile application development, or digital media marketing, please feel free to contact or WhatsApp , email [email protected] or visit Thank you.