As we head into 2021, BestWeb predicts even more success for the eCommerce industry, which is predicted to be as much as 50 percent. With consumers continuing to primarily shop online, your priority as an eCommerce business owner before the end of the year should be to prepare your website to give consumers a reason to stay and shop.
A website designed with the user in mind accomplishes three very important things:
- It captures the attention of the consumer by leaving a good first impression.
- It makes the user want to stay and enjoy good user experience (UX).
- It leaves a lasting impression that makes the user want to return.
Advice from the Web Specialist from BestWeb, Ms. Pei Chee for your eCommerce website:
Google recently announced that Core Web Vitals, along with existing UX-related page signals, are set to become ranking signals in May 2021. This is a very important update for business owners and webmasters because it changes the way Google ranks web pages and will most assuredly affect page rankings.
The upcoming Google Core Web Vitals update brings to light one of the biggest trends of the decade: building a customer-centric business that prioritizes user experiences. That is why it is incredibly important to optimize your website for UX through custom eCommerce website design.
To build a resilient eCommerce business in 2021, you have to make sure your lead generation efforts remain effective. That means making sure your website is optimized to attract the customers you want and to remain accessible to everyone on the internet. Here are a few ways you can do so:
- Prepare your website for the upcoming Core Web Vitals update. Ms. Pei Chee shares some actionable steps on how you can prepare your website for 2021 in this comprehensive guide.
- Ensure your website is more accessible and usable for everyone on the internet by making it ADA- compliant. Follow this online guide from the W3C Web Accessibility Initiative for eCommerce website design companies and other businesses on how to make your website compliant.
- Don’t alienate potential customers using mobile devices by limiting web development to desktop. Build a mobile-responsive website using custom eCommerce website design.
Building a resilient eCommerce business in 2021 is all about adapting. For you to attract your ideal customers, you must adapt your web properties to the changes all around you to keep your lead generation strategies effective.
Generating enough leads for your business is half the battle. You also have to turn site visitors into actual paying customers so you can generate sales. With the amount of traffic, you’ve been generating through customer eCommerce website design, you now have plenty of opportunities to generate conversions.
The key to converting visitors is to give your customers what they want and need – even if they don’t know they need it. This means leveraging innovative eCommerce ideas to elevate the UX across your site. Here are some ways you can do just that:
- Create a personalized shopping experience by offering product recommendations according to their preferences and similar products.
- Incorporate chatbots to serve as personal shopping assistants.
- Streamline the checkout process and avoid too many redirects for quicker sale completion.
- Improve page experience signals such as mobile friendliness, page load speed, page security and limit page interstitials.
- Add high-quality, non-static images and/or video to improve product visualization.
- Leverage your good online reputation such as client testimonials and positive reviews as social proof.
You can also boost the conversion rate of your eCommerce store with the help of an eCommerce website design company like Thrive.
instead of focusing all of your efforts on lead generation, take more time to implement a customer-centric strategy aimed at customer retention. Here are some aspects you should focus on for your customer retention strategy:
- Ensure that your website has a clean layout.
- Make navigation easier by making your menu bar visible, offering related product recommendations and keeping the nav bar simple.
- Highlight your brand values in your content.
- Incorporate high-quality visuals.
- Add easy payment options and avoid redirects if possible.
- Implement a returns policy.
- Establish relationships through excellent customer service.
See a theme here? Building a resilient business in 2021 is all about customer experience. The best advice from BestWeb is to provide your customer with a pleasurable shopping experience, you are able to attract customer attention, invite them to convert and encourage them to be loyal to you.